Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Time!!


This is the first "real" week of summer break.   The first week of me and the kids at home.  I am determined to make it better than last summer.  Pnut and I had a rough time last summer.  I spent too much time in my room, hiding and crying.  She spent too much time driving me insane.  I will not let that happen again.

I know the key is consistency and a schedule.  Pnut NEEDS it.  I am HORRIBLE at making it happen.

I came up with a schedule yesterday.  Here it is.

Yes, I put it in a frame.  I saw someone do it on a blog and thought it was fancy :)

Today was the first day with the schedule.  It has been pretty good so far.  We ate lunch late, and had to run some errands, so we got a bit off, but no one seemed to mind.

I downloaded this summer fun book to give me some craft/adventure ideas.  That's right, I bought a "what to do with your kids this summer" book.  That's how worried I've been about summer break.  There are some cute ideas in there.  You should check it out.

Here are some pictures of the first week.

zoo

Fence mural- got this idea from the  summer fun book

Little Dude took a different approach

Beach with my Little Dude

Bathing beauty

They were eating gelato after the beach. 

Pnut doing "homework"


Rainbow art

Pnut went all out

Four days in and I'm exhausted!  Thank goodness they have camp next week.

3 comments:

  1. My son is still in school until the 25th! I love that schedule and may have to steal it! Love all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's crazy late. Feel free to steal the schedule. After went through the hassle of making it and framing it, I realized they start swimming lessons, gymnastics and T ball next week. Guess I'll have to revise the schedule :)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you guys are going to have a great summer together!

    ReplyDelete