Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 Goals

I've been thinking a lot about goals for this year.  Here's what I've come up with:

Family goals:

  • Have date night at least once a month.
  • Have at least one family adventure a month.
  • Create a better daily routine for the kids.
  • Create a better daily routine for me.
  • Spend 30 min of quality time with the kids each day. (no phone, no tv, no computer)
  • Have family dinner every Sunday.
  • Create recipe binder.
  • Plan and prep meals for the week on Sunday.  
Personal goals:
  • Make Boise 70.3 my best race yet.  Whatever it takes! (More on this later)
  • Enjoy a half marathon. I have yet to run one, injury-free.
  • Stretching and strength training every week. (This includes FINALLY trying Bikram Yoga)
  • Eat 3-5 servings of veggies every day. (You'd think a grown up would be doing this anyway)
  • Drink at least 2 Nalgene bottles of water a day.

I'm going to print these and hang them somewhere so I see them every day.  Maybe a daily reminder will keep me on track.

Have a fabulous 2013!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE these goals!! And I know you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. A daily routine would be awesome! I should work on that too. Yay Boise! What half are you thinking about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That daily routine thing has been moved to the bottom of the list :)
      I have no idea what half. I did the Rock and Roll last year and hated it. I was injured so I had to walk half so it might be unfair to totally write it off. I was looking at Mercer Island but I saw your comment about the streets being banked. That sounds painful. Any suggestions?

      Delete
  3. I like these goals, especially the family ones,

    Good luck in Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm trying to keep things in perspective. Family comes first!

      Delete
  4. I love your goals for 2013! It sounds like this will be a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete