New Years Day I ran a 5k with Erika. It was freezing and I could tell I hadn't been running much. Despite all that, I finished 12th out of 97th in my age group. That's fun.
We took a family adventure to Bellingham. It's about 90 minutes north of us. The drive was beautiful. We saw 4 Bald Eagles!
I got a cool bike jersey at the local brewery. Can't wait till it's warm enough to wear it outside.
And we had a nice family walk along the waterfront.
We ended the day with hot chocolate. This place puts the whipped cream on the lid. Pretty cool idea.
As for training, I had a pretty decent month. I pulled my hamstring, so that had limited my running a little bit. Thankfully it was a minor pull and it is getting better quickly. That said, I'm still only running 3 miles at a time.
Here's what the month looked like:
Running- 20 miles
Biking- 198 miles (I want to get back on my bike to ride the 2 miles so I'd be at 200)
Swimming- 1 mile - Clearly I need to find my way back to the pool. I really thought I swam more than twice this month. ooops.
- Date night once a month-check
- Family adventure once a month-check
- Daily routine for the kids-haven't even thought about it
- Daily routine for me-nothing
- 30 min of quality time with the kids-I haven't actually timed this, but I think i'm pretty close most days.
- Create recipe binder-haven't worked on this.
- Plan and prep meals for the week-I'm getting better with this but there is room for improvement.
- Make Boise my best race yet-I've been pretty good with my training. Missed a couple days here and there, but over all, not too bad.
- Enjoy a half marathon-nope
- Stretching and strength training ever week-I've been doing TRX every week and stretching more than in the past. I need to be better about stretching. I WILL start yoga in February. If for no other reason than my Groupon will expire. I'm trying to get Erika and Julie to do it with me but I'm not having much luck.
- Eat 3-5 servings of vegetables a day- I'm falling short with this one, but I am eating more than in the past. That's a start.
- Drink 64 oz of water a day. Not sure about this one. I'm drinking a lot. Not really keeping track of it.