Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

9 weeks to go

Things are getting real this month!!

I actually registered for my race!!  To be completely honest, I'm terrified.  Seriously.  Terrified.  Everything seems very real now.

My April training schedule is by far the toughest yet.  I guess that's to be expected, but it's freaking me out a little bit.  I'm trying just to focus on each day, and not get carried away looking at the whole month.  But I'm already stressed about an 8 mile run on Sunday.  It will be my longest in a long time.  I should mention, the day before the 8 mile run is a 2.5 hour bike.  So my legs should be feeling great.

It's crazy  how my mind works.  I know I can do both of those things, but for some reason I'm scared.   What is that about?  I'm not going to die from running 8 miles.

On top of being a wuss about my training schedule, I've had a serious lack of motivation when it comes to swimming.  Thankfully I sucked it up today and had a good swim.  Maybe that will be the momentum I need.

Here's what the last 2 weeks looked like.  I think I missed posting last week.  I know you have all been wondering.


March 25-31

Swam-2000 yards
Biked-58.5 miles
Ran-8 miles.

April 1- 7

Swam-ZERO (I wasn't lying about my lack of motivation)
Biked-84
Ran-14

So close to 100 miles.  If only I had gotten my butt to the pool a couple times.  Oh well, time to move on.

I have decided this is going to be my motivation when I don't feel like training:


I'll let you know if it helps :)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like good motivation to me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I need you to tell me when you go swimming so I will be motivated to go too!!!!! I have been slacking and need to get ON it! Haven't been swimming since August :(

    But back to you: it's so exciting that you have signed up for the race! (Let me know what time you're going running this weekend-I might be able to meet you)

    ReplyDelete