Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Insanity and Leeches

I've heard the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  If this is true, my parenting style could be considered insane.  After 5 years of being a mom, I have learned a few things.  One thing I know, 11:30am and 4:30pm are horrible times to run errands with the kids.  They are tired and hungry.  But TWICE this week, I have made Little Dude go shopping at 11:30.  And we have both paid for it.  On the bright side, my bedroom is pretty much finished and I LOVE it!
Vase and lamp i HAD to get at 11:30




Another bit of insanity, crafts or activities with the kids.  Pnut had the day off today, so I planned to do all kinds of fun things.  In my head (which is not reality) they would both play nicely and love everything we did and thank me and tell me how wonderful I am.  Here's how it really went.  I spent 2 hours getting the crafts ready, they spent 3 minutes on each thing then asked for something else.  Then asked for lunch, then snacks, then tv, then for more crafts.....It was never ending.  And not one thank you.  Certainly not a "Wow, you're such a great mom."  They are energy sucking leeches.  On the subject of leeches, when I was at the dr earlier this week he kept asking me about breast feeding.  Turns out the little leeches darlings sucked the calcium out of my bones!  And not one thank you.  


We really did have fun today.  It was exhausting but they had fun.  And I love when they are happy! Here is a photo recap of the day.  
Did I mention I got by bike back?  Picked it up at 11:30 :) And yes, that is blue sky!

Back together again

Colored ice cubes
Building a tower



Painting

Pasta art
Princess story book


Painting with shaving cream




Now, I guess they are going to want dinner....


2 comments:

  1. Christy, you are an AWESOME mom!! They know this in their hearts and will realize it with their heads when they're older. Or when they have kids. : )

    ReplyDelete