Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Attitude Adjustment

Last week was a rough week for me.  I was really depressed.  I felt myself plunging into a deep abyss.  It was a horrible feeling.  I was unsure what to do, but I knew I had to do something.

There were a lot of things contributing to my mood, not the least of which was the weather.  I'm sure you've heard me mention this, but it's July 1st and it's still chilly and wet.  I know it has been crazy hot in the rest of the country but in Seattle, we haven't seen much of the sun.

Friday morning I decided I had to do something.  I had visions of spending the weekend in bed, hiding from the rain (and my children).  I came up with a better idea, a road trip.  I spent the morning trying to find a cabin in Leavenworth. If you've never been, it's a great little Bavarian themed town, in eastern Washington.  It's about a 120 miles from Seattle.

All the buildings look like this

I think this is the mini golf course

In case you are unfamiliar with Washington's geography, here's a map.

Seattle is in the Puget Sound area.  Leavenworth is around Wenatchee, on the other side of the Cascade Mountains.  Apparently the mountains keep all the clouds (and rain) on the western side of the state.  This weekend it was in the 60's and raining in Seattle.  Leavenworth was 80 and sunny.  Beautiful.

We got a great cabin about 5 miles from town.  I was super impressed by the cabin.  Nothing fancy, but really nice.  There was a rope swing that the kids LOVED.  They could have spent the entire weekend on it.



Pnut and I enjoyed the pool while Little Dude and Brian took a nap.


We even stopped for ice cream after dinner.  

It was a great time and I feel like a new person.  To top it off, it looks like summer will be here soon!




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect cure for what ails you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good, recharging weekend!! I need to get out there sometime soon. And we need to plan a gathering soon too...very soon.
    So happy to see those temperatures coming our way - we deserve them!

    ReplyDelete