Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

I had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend.  It started with Brian taking Friday off to watch Little Dude so I could go to lunch at Pnut's school. I forgot to take my camera, so I can't show you how cute it was, you'll have to trust me.  When we got home we took a family trip to the beach.  It was the perfect day for it.

Saturday we went to the market and got some yummy food. I was able to make a mostly local dinner with the stuff we got.  Pnut hasn't been feeling great and she had a bit of a melt down at the market.  She recovered after some quiet time, but I had a hard time getting over it.  I was in a little funk.  Brian took the kids to the park and I did some stuff around the house. A clean(ish) house made me feel better.  After a great dinner, we walked downtown for frozen yogurt.

Sunday was a great mother's day.  We decided to go to Whidbey Island for a hike.  I was planning on squeezing in a quick run before we left.  As soon as I got dressed the kids decided they wanted to go too.  This was not in the plan, but they were so excited I couldn't say no. LD made it around the block once.  Pnut and I took him home and went out to do another loop.  All in all, .75 miles.  She did awesome.  Here they are in their running outfits.  Ignore all the junk on the counters.


After the "run" we headed to the ferry.  It is a really short ride to Whidbey Island, which is nice.  We found our way to the trail head and started off.  I discover my camera wasn't working.  This was seriously upsetting.  I can't even tell you how beautiful the views were.  I took a few pictures with my phone, but they don't do it justice. You could see Mt. Baker and Mt. Rainier.  It was amazing.  The hike was about 3 miles to the beach and back.  It was a really nice hike.  The kids were exhausted so we ended up carrying they a lot.
At the beach

Little Dude was done

This only lasted 20 minutes.


Brian topped off the day with a fabulous halibut dinner.  I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Love all the pics and love Pnut's running skirt!

    ReplyDelete