Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

December Goals

I know we still have some days left in November, but I'm ignoring those.  I've decided they are going to be rough, let's pretend they don't exist and move on to some December goals.

My friend Erika was tired of hearing me complain graciously made me a customized training plan that starts December 1st.  If I added correctly (I might not have) there is a little over 7 hours on the bike, 33 miles of running, 6500 yds swimming, and 5 cross training days.  I still need to put in some core/strength training, I think.

Here are the goals:

Goal #1-Get in ALL my training sessions.  This is an ambitious goal, considering it's December.  I have family coming to visit, Christmas, and Penelope's birthday.  Plus the kids will be out of school, for what seems like half the month.

Goal #2-Lose 2 pounds.  Again, this is going to be tough. See above reasons and add Christmas baking and wine tasting.  I was going to go with 4 pounds but I figure 2 is realistic.  I might adjust to "don't gain weight" before I finish writing this.

Goal #3-Enjoy the holiday season!!  I can feel myself getting worked up about all the crap that has to be done.  I would like actually enjoy the family time, not spend it running around, doing what we think has to be done.

How am I going to achieve these lofty goals?!?!  Excellent question.



Plan to achieve goal #1

  • Have a written schedule for each day.  If I don't have a schedule, I waste the day.  
  • Tell my family (I'm pretty certain they don't read my blog) what my training plan is.
  • Get new shoes, so I can run without hurting myself.
  • STRETCH, so I won't get hurt.
Plan to achieve goal #2
  • Wake up knowing what I'm going to eat.  I need to have an idea of what I will eat, each day.  And I need to have that food in the house.
  • Tell my family I'm going to be eating healthy, and ask them to support me.  
  • Stop eating the kid's leftovers.
  • Lay off the grains.  They are my downfall (along with wine).  Once I start eating them, I can't stop.
  • Speaking of wine. I'm not sure  I'm sure I'm not ready to give up wine for the month.  See Goal #3.  
Plan to achieve goal #3
  • Decide what is important.  We have very few, if any, free weekends in December.  Pnut's surgery is Thursday, so I'm not sure how she's going to feel this weekend.  Then we have her birthday party.  Before you know it, it's December 15th and we have 2 weekends before Christmas.  
  • Make a list of "would like to do" and "have to do.  If I get the have to's finished, we can move to the "like to's".
So, that's my December plan.  I have 3 days to get ready.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I could've written this post. Good luck with the wine thing!

    Hope surgery goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think I need more than luck with the wine. Maybe an intervention.

      Delete
  2. You will be GREAT! And I'll help you in any way I can :) Except with the wine thing..because we need to be drinking wine. Together. With copious amounts of sushi to go along with it.
    I'm a very bad influence when it comes to that stuff, by the way!

    ReplyDelete