Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

20 days!!!!

I have 20 days until race day.  I've gotten back on track since Little Dude's surgery.  I missed a couple workouts last week, but got myself back together towards the end of the week.  I had my toughest training weekend yet.  I did a 56 mile bike Saturday and an 11 mile run Sunday.  

The bike was tough.  My nutrition is clearly lacking.  I'm not hungry in the beginning of my rides, so I don't eat.  By the time I start eating, it's too late to catch up.  This is going to be an issue when I have a 13 mile run after the bike.  I have a couple more long rides to figure it out.  

My run felt really good, all things considered. It took 3-4 miles to warm up. After that I felt great.

My body is exhausted and I'm always hungry (except on my bike).  I guess this is to be expected.  Things at home are falling apart.  I sent the kids to school in less than clean clothes this morning, and I have no idea what I put in their lunch boxes.  Thankfully no one is complaining (Or I'm just too tired to hear).  I have one more tough week of training, then it's taper time.  A lot of people have a hard time with tapering.  Not me.  I'm a huge fan. 

I'm going to take today and try to get things ready for the week.  At least do a load of laundry and buy some bread and peanut butter.

2 comments:

  1. Good plan. One day at a time. You're almost there! (Man, I hate it when people say that.)

    ReplyDelete