Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Next Challenge

I'm putting Boise behind me and moving on.  It's been a rough few days but the time has come to get.over.it.

What's next??  The Portland Marathon!!!  My first full marathon.  I'm super excited and super nervous.  I am injury prone so training for a full marathon is a little sketchy.   I've downloaded Hal Higdon's Novice 2 program (Has anyone used it?).  It looks like it will work for me.  Only 4 days of running each week.  I'm going to stick in some strength training, yoga and Pilates.  That should get me through the next 16(ish) weeks ready to go and uninjured.

Training starts Monday!

Please feel free to send my some marathon training advice!!


1 comment:

  1. Yay, how exciting! I used Hal's Novice one. It was a great plan and I felt good the whole time. I am sure his Novice 2 is even better. I would use that one if I ever run another full. My marathon training has been my best to date and even the days I hated it, I loved it. You will too. There will be tough times but nothing you can't handle. I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete