Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Oxygen Mask

You know when you are on an airplane and the flight attendant tells you in the event you need an oxygen mask, put yours on, then put one on your child?  I feel like my morning coffee is my oxygen mask.  I need to have at least a sip of coffee before I can handle the deluge of morning requests.  Vitamins, breakfast, milk, tv, more breakfast.....it is a lot to deal with pre-coffee.  This morning I felt guilty getting my coffee ready because Pnut was up and STARVING.  I started her breakfast.  Before I finished that, Little Dude woke up.  So there was more breakfast, diaper changing, warm milk (because he won't drink it cold)....By the time they were taken care of, I was super grumpy.  I realize this says something about my coffee addiction, but it is also another example of needed to take care of yourself before you can take care of others. If I would have taken the 2 minutes to get my coffee ready, I might not have snapped at Pnut to get dressed and I might not have been so bitchy to Brian about walking the dog.  Sorry, Love.

We are moving tomorrow. Have I mentioned that?  I'm on top of the world.  There is a lot that needs to be done to get out of our temporary apartment and into our new house.  We don't have a ton of stuff here, but it is more than I think it is.  I should have spent the morning putting things in boxes and packing the car.  Instead, I went to the gym and ran 4 miles.  I needed to do that for me.  It always amazes me how a good sweat can make me feel like a new person.  Now I am ready to take on the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment