Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Unprepared

Less than 24 hours until the Issaquah Triathlon. To say I'm unprepared would be an understatement. I haven't even seen the course.  I'm not even sure where the race is.  I haven't been training as much as I should.  It's a sprint so I'm sure I can finish the race.  Not sure it will be pretty.

I'm also a little worried about something called catastrophic failure on my bike.  It looks something like this.

Did I write about crashing my bike into the garage?  It was on my roof rack, I drove into the garage, the bike fell off the car.  I've been stressed out about a tiny, hidden, internal crack that could lead to the picture above.  I've had my bike checked out by 3 different shops.  No one could find anything wrong. I'm sure it's fine but it's going to be in the back of my mind while I'm riding. 

Also on my mind is the story of Kirsten Walker.  You can read about her here.  I know a bike crash is possible anytime you go out.  Needless to say this story, plus my imaginary (or so I hope) bike crack, has me a bit freaked out.

On a happier note, I get to race with fellow Tough Chik, Erika.  It is always fun to have someone to hang out with at a race.  Helps with the pre-race jitters.  

AND.....Pnut is (hopefully) going to do her first race.  It's a Splash and Dash.  She is excited about it.  I'm crossing my fingers she actually does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment