Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beach day

There has been a lot of stress in my life over the last few weeks.  We are having issues with our house in Baltimore, Pnut is having some problems, Little Dude is almost 3 and is crazy and last night Brain told me the shower in our master bathroom is leaking.  This morning I had a heated debate (over email) with the people managing our house in Baltimore.  I was having a rough morning.

I knew today was going to be a beautiful day, weather-wise.  I did not want all the crap going on to ruin that.  There was nothing I could do about Pnut's tantrums, Little Dude's 3-ness, a house 3,000 miles away or a leaky bathroom. I guess I could have called someone about the bathroom.....

I texted a friend (I have one or two out here) to see if she wanted to meet up. THANKFULLY she did.  She suggested the beach.  We were set to meet at 11.  I couldn't wait.  I was in desperate need of a beach day.  I knew it wouldn't be like going to Ocean City, but I was going to make it as beachy as possible.  I packed up our beach toys, chairs, towels, and lunch.  We drove the 2 minutes to the beach, parked and carried all our stuff to the beach. 
This is what it looked like. That's my chair.

Not your typical beach.  It was 9:30.  It got more crowded as the day went on.

The kids were more interested in the seal family.




Once Michelle and her children got there, we were able to get them to the beach.  I didn't tell Pnut and Little Dude they were coming.  It was a big surprise.  They were super happy. 

I was super happy.  Michelle and I actually go to sit on the beach and talk for a couple hours.  Not uninterrupted time, but not too many interruptions.  The kids played and ate lunch and built sand traps and dug giant holes....it was perfect.  That NEVER happens.  And I SOOOOO needed it.  

Here are a few more pictures.  



I have pictures of Pnut, but she was never far from Michelle's kids and I'm not sure how she feels about me posting pictures of them here.  On that note, Pnut informed Michelle that she loves her son. She loves me 100% but she loves him more than that.  I'm certain there will be a post about that soon.

We ended it with a stop for frozen yogurt.  Again, Pnut was stuck to Michelle's son. I promise she was there, enjoying her yogurt with Mike and Ikes and gummy worms.

This was not a "beach day" like the ones I am used to.  Not the kind I expected my children to grow up knowing.  But this is what we have, and it's great.  

Now....who do you call about a leaky shower????

2 comments:

  1. What a great day! We had a beach day planned but the weather had other plans. The friends we were going to meet at the beach came here and the kids played and the moms talked. Still a nice day, but I am looking forward to a real beach day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Looks like fun was had!!

    ReplyDelete