Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

12 Weeks To Go

I have a little less that 12 weeks till Boise.  My training the last couple weeks has been pretty good. Last week I missed a swim, and the swim workout I did was 800 yds short.  I really would have done the whole thing, but the pool was so crowded. I was in a lane with 2 nice ladies.  They said I was a dolphin swimming with 2 turtles :)  Very sweet, but still a painful swim.

Here's what the numbers were:

Swim-1000 yds (2600 less than scheduled. ouch)
Bike-47 miles
Run-9 miles
I also made it to yoga once :)

I'm feeling great on my bike and my runs are getting easier, and faster.  If I can build up my run miles without injuring myself, I'll be set.  I'm crossing my fingers yoga will help with this.

Next weeks schedule doesn't look too bad.  Things seem to ramp up the following week, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

Things are great on the home front too.  I've been able to keep my house clean for over a week.  Those of you who know me, know this is a huge accomplishment.  Not only am I feeling better about the whole Staph thing, I feel so much calmer in a clean, uncluttered house.  I also feel like I have more time to enjoy Pnut and Little Dude, because I'm not stressed about what house work I should be doing.  It's a wonderful feeling.

On the subject of Pnut and Little Dude, we starting giving them an allowance this weekend.  It was so much fun.  They loved putting money in their jars.  They loved spending it even more.  I guess that's to be expected.

We also implemented a chore for TV time system.  I'm hoping this cuts down on me nagging them to do their chores.  It will also limit their TV time, which is much needed.

Here are a couple pictures from our hike this weekend.

Pnut was terrified to climb up there.

So proud of herself that she didn't let her fear keep her from doing something fun.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good couple of weeks there. Pictures are great! I like the idea of chore for tv system. I think I am going to have to implement that here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of your week last week - you did a great job! And you will continue to kick butt for the next 12 weeks!!
    Cheering you on every step of the way - WOOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete