Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

This is it!

Tomorrow I head for Boise!  I'm super excited, and nervous.  I know I'm ready, but still feel unprepared.  Maybe it's because I'm not packed, I don't know how to take my bike apart, and I'm unsure how I'm getting to the airport.  Or maybe it's because I haven't done any exercise in at least 5 days.  Either way, I'm headed to the airport, bright and early tomorrow.  Ready or not.

These past few weeks have kind of put my race in perspective.  Pnut hasn't slept through the night in 2 months.  That's not entirely true. There was one night, when I was in Atlanta.  Since she hasn't slept, I haven't slept.  This has caught up with me recently.  I'm exhausted.  To tired to workout.  Too tired to eat (except brownies).  Really even too tired to speak.  I'm not sure I've formed a complete sentence in the last week.

While I'm excited about the race, and want to do well, it's one small day (6 1/2 half hours if all goes well) in my life.  By the time I get home Sunday, it will be back to doctors, sleeping pills and just trying to make it through the day.  I know that's dramatic. One day I'll look back and realize it wasn't as nightmarish as I'm making it out to be.  But now, in the middle of it, there is nothing else.

That said...I'm going to take these few days and make the most of them.  I'm going to enjoy some "me" time. I'm going to race my heart out, knowing Brian is holding down the fort.  Knowing I'm well trained.  Knowing I can do this.



Here's to being awesome!!!  I'm number 578 if you want to track me!

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt you can do this! I am so excited for you too! Once you get there, you will feel better and maybe even sleep a little better than at home worrying about Pnut. I will be thinking of you this weekend and anxiously waiting to hear how it went. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I am looking forward to a couple nights of sleep :)

      Delete