Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Start!

I feel amazing after a couple weeks of running.  I took a LOOOOOONG time off after my last race.  I made too many excuses for not working out.  They were good excuses, but still excuses.  I ate like crap and did not exercise.  I felt disgusting, fat and lazy.
My sister, Kelly, came out to visit for Christmas.  She was feeling the same way.   Thankfully she decided to go for a run.  Kelly inspired me and I ran the next day.  Two days after Kelly's run we had signed up for the Seattle Rock N Roll Half Marathon.  We had started!!!
It has been about two weeks since I "started" and I feel great.  My pants are still tight and I have a long way to go, but I feel 100% better than I did 2 weeks ago.
I went to a tough spin class today and  I felt strong.  It is amazing how good you feel and what you can accomplish when you take care of yourself.  Kelly and I complained to each other for months about how bad we felt.  All we had to do was start.  I am certain a year from now we will be glad we did.
What will you start today?

No comments:

Post a Comment