I'm so glad I did.
Here are a few lessons learned from my ride this morning.
- I LOVE my bike!
- Seattle is an amazing place. The bike trails are awesome. They go on forever.
- Always bring tissues. I'm not a snot rocket fan and I'm getting over the flu. I had to blow my nose the whole ride.
- Seaplanes are awesome. I'd never get in one, but I enjoy seeing them take off and land.
- Always wear sunglasses. Dirt and bugs in your eyes suck.
- I DESPERATELY need a new saddle. I won't go into details, but it was uncomfortable.
- I am not good at making sharp turns. Things almost got ugly.
- Being in aerobars is not as scary if cars aren't whizzing by you.
- Seattle is doing strange things to the trees. Why are they florescent purple?
- I love my children, but alone time is nice. Wondering if I can get Little Dude in school 5 days a week :)
|Finally got to wear my Tough Chik top. I had a jacket on during my ride. Didn't want to scare people with my toughness.|
All in all, a great ride. 16ish miles. I averaged 15 mph. Not breaking any speed records but I had so much fun.