Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 2

Week 2 was not a great one for training.  I had family in town, both kids had dentist appointments, and Pnut had an appointment with the ENT.  I realize there was time in the days to do all this and still get in my workouts, but I didn't have the energy.  It was one of those weeks where all I could do was get out of bed and do the necessities. I fed the kids, took them to school, made sure they had clean(ish) clothes....I was mentally exhausted.

Here's what I was able to do:

Monday-rest-(I need to stop the planned rest days. Something will always come up where I will have to rest)
Tuesday-2 mile run/weights/stretching
Wednesday-nothing
Thursday-nothing
Friday-nothing
Saturday- 3 mile run/weights/stretching
Sunday- 1 hour bike (15.7 miles)/stretching

I'm not happy with it, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  I'm hoping Next week will be better!!

There was a bright spot in the week.  My friend Erika (Who will be an Ironman this time next week) sent me these flowers to cheer me up.  Such a nice and unexpected surprise!!




1 comment:

  1. Aw - thanks for the shout out! I am glad you enjoyed the flowers - you deserve it!

    You are doing great - stay positive and know you are a great person, friend, mom, wife, and general super star!!

    ReplyDelete