Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Week 3

This was the best week yet! I know, it's only week 3.  But...I have rekindled my love for my bike.  Strangely enough I have discovered that having the trainer in the garage is awesome.  I thought I would hate it, but I love having the door open and feeling the wind (and sometimes blowing rain). In a few months, I might even get back to riding outside :)



I have been slacking on stretching and weights.  I need to remember that this is the time for that.  Putting in the time now will hopefully save me from injuries later.  Something else missing from my training....swimming.  I don't know what my deal is.  I love swimming, I just can't seem to get to the pool.



I need to come up with a plan and follow it.  I never know what I'm doing each day.  I feel like I'm kind of floundering.

On a side note, yesterday my friend Erika became an Ironman.  I spent the whole day tracking her and checking her husbands Facebook updates.  I was mesmerized.   I got choked up watching her cross the finish like.  I seriously almost cried.  She has inspired me.  One day soon.....


Here's how my week went.

Monday-4 mile run/core/stretching
Tuesday-rest
Wednesday- 24 miles bike
Thursday-14.7 miles bike
Friday-rest
Saturday-3 mile run/stretching
Sunday-12.5 mile bike

2 comments:

  1. Great week! I watched Erika too:) So amazing! Glad you are loving your bike:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week last week - you are doing amazing already!!
    Thanks for all your cheering on Sunday- much appreciated :) Hopefully we can ride/run/swim together soon too!

    ReplyDelete