Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January

Wow, January is a ridiculously long month.   So long I'm having a hard time remembering what happened.

New Years Day I ran a 5k with Erika.  It was freezing and I could tell I hadn't been running much. Despite all that, I finished 12th out of 97th in my age group.  That's fun.

We took a family adventure to Bellingham.  It's about 90 minutes north of us.  The drive was beautiful.  We saw 4 Bald Eagles!


I got a cool bike jersey at the local brewery.  Can't wait till it's warm enough to wear it outside.


And we had a nice family walk along the waterfront. 


We ended the day with hot chocolate.  This place puts the whipped cream on the lid.  Pretty cool idea.




As for training, I had a pretty decent month.  I pulled my hamstring, so that had limited my running a little bit.  Thankfully it was a minor pull and it is getting better quickly. That said, I'm still only running 3 miles at a time.

Here's what the month looked like:

Running- 20 miles
Biking- 198 miles (I want to get back on my bike to ride the 2 miles so I'd be at 200)
Swimming- 1 mile - Clearly I need to find my way back to the pool.  I really thought I swam more than twice this month.  ooops.  

Here's how my month went, compared to my goals.
  • Date night once a month-check
  • Family adventure once a month-check
  • Daily routine for the kids-haven't even thought about it
  • Daily routine for me-nothing
  • 30 min of quality time with the kids-I haven't actually timed this, but I think i'm pretty close most days.
  • Create recipe binder-haven't worked on this.
  • Plan and prep meals for the week-I'm getting better with this but there is room for improvement.
  • Make Boise my best race yet-I've been pretty good with my training.  Missed a couple days here and there, but over all, not too bad.
  • Enjoy a half marathon-nope
  • Stretching and strength training ever week-I've been doing TRX every week and stretching more than in the past. I need to be better about stretching.  I WILL start yoga in February.  If for no other reason than my Groupon will expire.  I'm trying to get Erika and Julie to do it with me but  I'm not having much luck.
  • Eat 3-5 servings of vegetables a day- I'm falling short with this one, but I am eating more than in the past.  That's a start.
  • Drink 64 oz of water a day.  Not sure about this one.  I'm drinking a lot.  Not really keeping track of it.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Christy,
    I just stumbled across your blog when i googled shakeology. Congrats on your triathalon training!!! I might have just the thing to help you increase your daily veggie intake. Have you heard of Juice Plus+? It is great for parents, kids, athletes, everyone!!
    Juice Plus+ is whole food nutrition in a capsule or chewable.

    My cousin shared it with me a year ago. She is a vegetarian and recently became a Health Coach. Even though she is a vegetarian, she knows (especially in New Jersey where we live) that the produce we get is mostly picked before it is vine-ripe, thus providing us with little nutritional value. Juice Plus+ Orchard and Garden Blend capsules and chewable is a mix of 17 vine-ripe picked fruits and vegetables (with added rice and oat bran) that are juiced and then cold-dehydrated through a proprietary process to preserve nutritional value. The Vineyard Blend provides us with an additional 9 berry fruits and green tea, ginger root and grape seed.The products are all-natural, gluten-free, preservative free and contain no artificial colorings or flavorings.

    The antioxidant benefits are amazing. They have helped us have a healthy school year last year and this year so far as well. The products are extra beneficial with people with auto-immune diseases that so many seem to be afflicted with today. In addition to strengthening our immune system, Juice Plus+ products have been proven to reduce oxidative stress, reduce cholesterol and improve circulation. There are many doctors and gold-standard studies that support Juice Plus+. To me, it is a no-brainer because I know how important good nutrition is. I love to share the products with moms especially because most children don't eat so well.
    Because the company believes in the importance of good nutrition for kids today, they have an ongoing Children's Health Study that provides your child or children ages 4 though college-age four years of free products with any adult order. So you can get 2 for the price of 1!

    Winter Vinecki is a 14 year old triathlete who runs in honor of her father and raises money for prostate cancer. She is such an amazing girl! Next up for her is aerial ski jumping in the Olympics. She shares why she takes Juice Plus+ in this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shr-KYIBq6Q

    If you are interested, please check out my website or call me! Thanks for sharing your blog!
    Kristen Piccola
    973-283-9286
    www.kpiccolasharesjuiceplus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great month and here's to an AWESOME February!!!

    ReplyDelete