Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Out of Whack

I am completely out of whack today.  Last weeks training was awesome.  I felt amazing.  Got in all my workouts plus 2 days of yoga and an extra swim.  Things couldn't have gone better.  This week started out great.  I got a babysitter to watch the kids Monday morning, and I went to yoga.  I was confident this week would be great as well.

That changed when I took Pnut to the dr Monday afternoon.  Long story short, we ended up spending 2 nights in the hospital.  Totally unexpected.  She is home now and doing great, but I'm in a funk.  I'm exhausted, stressed out and feel like crap. I spent 48 hours eating junk, sitting around, and worrying.

I have no motivation today.  I just want to curl up in a ball and cry.  It's feels like I held my breath for 2 days and now all my emotions are coming out.  But I can't curl up and cry.  Laundry needs to be done, dishes need to be washed, bathrooms need to be cleaned, and kids need to be taken care of.    This isn't one of those instances when cleaning can be put off. It has to be done.  I don't want anyone else getting sick.

The last thing I feel like doing is getting on my bike.  I know I don't have to.  I have my priorities  in the right order.  My family comes first, but training is high up there.   I know I can find time for a 75 min ride.  I'm just not sure I have the energy or desire right now.




3 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how you're still standing right now. Take today to re-group, re-focus and do something for yourself. Maybe it's hoping on the bike later, maybe it's just taking a long shower and reading a book. You've been through a lot - it's ok to want to cry!
    If I can help in any way, the offer still stands!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing puts me in a bigger funk that a sick kid. That's when you need the stress relief of a workout more than ever, but: absolutely cannot make the time, feel guilty if you even try, or have no energy to tackle it.

    Hugs. It's so hard when one of your kids is unwell. Give yourself a break, get your training plan for next week sorted out, & clean up the eating. That will kick start all of the good feelings again. You can DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is ok to just stop for a moment and get tears out and yell. It sounds like you held it together during a very tough time and a good cry may be what is in order. You will come out it stronger and ready to take training on again.

    ReplyDelete