Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Hurt.....again

I tried to pretend it wasn't happening.  I tried to ignore it.  I thought if I didn't talk about it, it would go away.  Apparently that's not how it works.  For months and months I've been having hip/lower back pain.  I finally broke down and saw a doctor yesterday.  Turns out it's tendinitis. She threw out lots of words like piriformis and iliacus and sartorious.  Of all the things I was worried about, tendinitis isn't so bad.  A few weeks of PT and I should be ok.

What is annoying is this keeps happening.  Not this specific injury, but an injury.  Normally on my right side, below my waist.  Something is going on from my hip to my ankle.  I'm doing something wrong and it is so frustrating.  I keep thinking I need to build up strength and stretch more. But it's hard to train for a triathlon AND do strength training.  I felt great when I was doing yoga, but I just can't fit it in my schedule right now.

I am still planning on doing Irongirl next month.  Even if I can't really train, it's a fun race and I want to do it.  It's the only thing on my schedule.  I'm going to try to spend the next 5 months getting ready for next season's training.  As annoying as it is, that's what I have to do.

I'm not going to mope around feeling sorry for myself (at least not too much).  I have big plans in the next couple of years.  I need to get my body ready. If that doesn't work, Erika might be able to get me a new hip at a discount :)


3 comments:

  1. I can totally get you a discount...
    But seriously - so sorry about the hip. I know how frustrating that is. And it's even more frustrating to have to rest it but you'll get through this! Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Injuries are so frustrating. It sounds like you've got a quick enough fix for it, and that always makes an injury so much better to deal with. Hooray for PT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I know how you feel. My left side plagues me. I bet the Irongirl is fun, but I think it is the same weekend as the PNW Boxer Club Specialty. :/

    ReplyDelete