Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Goals-Part 1

I have decided I am consistently inconsistent.  This is a horrible thing to be when you are a mom.  Especially if you have a precocious 5 year old who lives to point out your inconsistencies.  And even better than pointing them out is to be the cause of them.  Just today I said, "If you don't move away from the TV I'm going to turn it off."  Maybe 5 minutes later (while I'm distracted doing dishes) she moves close to the TV.  I yell "Move back"  She smiles and said "Weren't you going to turn off the TV if I got close to it again?"  So she would actually rather prove me inconsistent than watch TV.  I am going to work on this.

I think the lack of consistency is linked to the lack of organization.  I would use my temporary housing situation as an excuse, but this has always been a problem for me.  I need to do something about it.

Fellow Tough Chik Jess posted about her January goals today.  She actually had goals at the beginning of the month then followed through and posted about how she did.  If any of you read my first blog post I vaguely outlined some goals.  Not sure how most of them would be measured.  Thankfully I have since switched from WordPress to Blogger so it's like those goals never happened.  So now, a month into the new year, I'm going to follow Jess' lead and actually write down some goals, that can be measured (kind of), and I will see how I did at the end of the month.

Here we go:

  • Follow my half marathon training plan.  At least get in all my planned miles.  For February that is 93 100 (added wrong) miles.  I will measure this by consistently logging my miles on Daily Mile.  
  • Have, and follow, a daily schedule for the kids.  I need to figure out how and where to put this in our new house, so EVERYONE knows what is happening when.  Not 100% sure how this is going to work.  I will post a picture when I get it. I'm thinking something like this will help the kids.
  • Post a list of rules and consequences and stick to it.  I'll post a picture.
  • Have at least 5 real dinners a week.  Healthy dinners with sides and all.  Not just a plate of pasta.  I think something like this (dinner) will help.  I will let you know how I did each Sunday.


I am REALLY hoping this blog will hold me accountable.  I'll let you know how I did 2/29. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment