Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Foiled Again

My plan to jump start my working out and eating right has blown up in my face.  Last weekend I had a great race which got me all pumped up to get back to the gym.  The day before the race I wasn't feeling my best.  After the race I felt worse. I brushed it off as allergies.  I did the Shakeology 3 day cleanse to get my body ready for healthy eating.  I felt bad the whole time.  I figured it was lack of calories and caffeine.  After the cleanse, I still felt bad.  I also had friends come into town this weekend.  I went from eating/drinking nothing but healthy stuff for 3 days, to drinking beer and eating burgers, in less than a day.

So, my jump start into healthy living turned into a weekend of drinking, eating junk, having a sinus infection and the beginning of bronchitis.  It has led me to gain back at least a few of the pounds I lost and has landed me in bed, not the gym.

I could let this get me down, but I'm not going to.  I'm not letting this ruin my jump start.  It's just a little hiccup.  Jump start part 2 begins tomorrow...if I can workout without coughing up a lung.


4 comments:

  1. I am LOVING The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper. It has changed eating in our family for the healthier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Kerrie- I think I discovered The Skinny Rules on your blog! I was good about sticking with it for a couple of weeks then I slacked off. I need to get back to it.

      Delete
  2. Still loving it...but I'm not losing weight! Argh.

    ReplyDelete