Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Boise or Bust

I've got my eyes set on next season's A race....Ironman Boise 70.3.  It's June 8th.  I picked Boise for a few reasons.  It's close by, less hilly than Lake Stevens, we have friends and family in the area, AND it starts at noon.  NOON!!!  A triathlon that starts at noon.  Awesome.

So, that gives me about 32 weeks to get ready.  One thing I am certain of, I will get healthy and strong before I start training.  I figure I need about a 20 week training plan.  That gives me 12 weeks to get ready.

I need to concentrate on strength training, stretching and PT.  I went for a 4.5 mile run yesterday.  I felt ok, but around mile 3 I started to feel my hip get tight and the side of my knee was hurting.  I need to fix whatever is going on before I start serious training.

My friend Erika has agreed to help me come up with a training plan.  We exchanged text messages about it.  That's pretty much a legally binding agreement, right?

As for the next 12 weeks:

Monday-Bike
Tuesday-Run/weights
Wednesday-Swim
Thursday-Run/weights
Friday-Bike
Saturday-Run/weights
Sunday-

I'll do PT exercises and stretching every day.  If I get brave enough, I will start doing some yoga.  We will see.

Operation Get Strong starts tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm thrilled to help in any way I can!
    And of course text messages are a binding contract :)
    Very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in Boise...have a race goal is always so much more motivating that trying to train without one. I did Boise this year...so let me know if you have any questions about the race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard last year was crazy! I will definitely have some questions as it gets closer. Thanks

      Delete
    2. I heard last year was crazy! I will definitely have some questions as it gets closer. Thanks

      Delete