Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'm OK with 2

I went for a run yesterday.  It was the first time in a couple months that I was able to run without coughing like an 80 year old smoker.  I didn't run far and I didn't run fast.  I ran 2 miles, more or less in a around than 20 minutes.  I ended up turning my Garmin off because I kept getting frustrated with my pace.

As I was nearing my house, I got a little teary.  I think it was the weather.  It was gray, windy and wet.  It reminded me of when we first moved into our new house.  I was running a lot more then.  I thought about my first run here.  It was 8 miles and it felt great.  That was in February.  Eight  months later and I was struggling with 2 miles.  I was sad.

Then I started thinking, that 8 mile run was February 19th. I didn't start running (again) until the January.  So I went from nothing to 8 in less than 2 months.  This made me feel better.  I'm not where I want to be but at least I'm no longer sick or injured.


2 comments:

  1. Before you know it you will be back to racing!!! Way to get back out there :)

    ReplyDelete