Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Food Fights

Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved to cook.   She enjoyed trying new recipes.  She loved to sit at the table and eat with friends.  Then she had kids....

I dread mealtimes now.  It started as soon as Pnut began eating solid food.  She wouldn't gain weight.  My days consisted of making food, measuring food, and recording the amount of food she ate.  Then I'd take the food journal to the doctor, he'd look at it and weigh Pnut.  Usually she didn't gain weight.  Food has always been a chore with her.

Now my days start dreading any morning that we don't have pancakes for breakfast.  Every. Single. Morning.  Even if I make something Pnut likes, she will freak out because she wants pancakes.  Oatmeal, yogurt, granola, eggs...freak out. She is a carb junky!!

For some reason lunch isn't usually an issue.  I should look into why that is.

Next comes snack time.  Every weekday around 2:30 I scramble around trying to find a snack for Pnut after school.  Something healthy and filling, that she can eat in the car.

Then there is dinner.  Noodles with butter, rotisserie chicken, broccoli, fish, hamburgers.  This is what Pnut will eat.  Little Dude isn't a big dinner fan.  He usually has breakfast, lunch, and a snack.  He will sometimes pick at dinner, but rarely eat it.  I'm ok with that.  What I'm not ok with is Pnut's whining and screaming and freaking out whenever I make something that is not on that list.   And it's not like I'm making liver and onions. And forget some kind of casserole.  Or any kind of one pot meal. Ingredients can't touch each other.

So I deal with an hour of drama.  It ends either with her choking down dinner (bitching and moaning the whole time) or just leaving the table without eating.

Now comes bedtime.  Almost without fail, as soon as I say it's time to get ready for bed, she cries and screams that she is "SOOOO HUNGRY".  So I send my tiny little girl to bed crying that she's starving.

It's 7:50 pm.  I'm already wondering what to make for breakfast tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment